Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 November 2013

COSTA GOLFERS IF YOU ARE HEADING OFF FOR TODAY’S GAME AT LAS BRISAS, LOS NARANJOS OR ALOHA MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO CROCS ABOUT!!!!
A British holidaymaker is lucky to be alive after a crocodile attack... on a golf course. Dougie Thomson, 58, from Wishaw near Glasgow, was playing a round of golf with his friends at a club in Cancun, Mexico when a crocodile came from nowhere and clamped its jaws around his thigh. ‘My ball was in the bunker around 10 to 15 feet from thick shrubbery. I didn’t even know there was water behind the bushes,’
‘I took a shot and it landed on the green. Then I heard this noise behind me and this huge crocodile snapped me by the thigh.’ Mr Thomson, who was in Cancun for a friend’s wedding, said his pals were more shocked than he was as they had seen the attack. ‘I couldn’t feel pain, I was in total shock,’ he said. ‘It was like a big toy, big black eyes looking at me. 'Hitting it was like hitting a brick wall.’ The father of two only survived thanks to his quick thinking friends who rushed over and started beating the 12ft crocodile with golf clubs. One friend used a golf buggy to repeatedly run over the reptile until it released its grip and returned to the swamp. Mr Thomson, an engineer, recounted how the crocodile opened its mouth slightly as his friends pulled him back only to snap him again closer to the hip. ‘Then it stopped suddenly. When they eventually pulled me away it started attacking the golf cart.’ Mr Thomson needed 200 staples and is recovering in a Mexican hospital until his family can arrange for him to fly to Toronto, Canada, where he now lives, for more treatment. ‘The crocodile tore away all the muscle in my thigh. My leg is like a butcher’s shop window,’ he said. He added that even after the attack, other golfers were still at the scene - with no officials on hand to warn them of the danger nearby. Mr Thomson's brother, Bob Thomson, from Glasgow, said the whole family is traumatised and shocked. He said: ‘We are worried and wondering what kind of golf course would allow these animals to roam around.’ A member of front desk staff at the Iberostar Cancun Golf Course told the Mail that colleagues had seen the incident take place and called for the ambulance that took Mr Thomson to hospital. Mr Thomson is the second golfer to be bitten by a crocodile at the same golf course in recent months. Edward Lunger, 50, from Holtsville, Long Island, was at the Iberostar Cancun Golf Club in Mexico and taking a couple of practise swings when a croc leaped from behind some bushes and bit off two of his fingers. ‘It was in the sand. She pulled me back and flipped me, and I went to the ground,’ Mr Lunger told the New York Post. He was only saved when a friend jumped from a golf cart, found a 40lb boulder and smashed it onto the reptile's head

No comments:

Post a Comment