Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 May 2015


I was delighted after the queens visit to Ireland that she was taken in by the warmth and respect the Irish showed towards her. It was all very moving. Ever since then the relations between Southern Ireland and Great Britain rose to a whole new level.

This afternoon I was asked can the Irish living in England vote in the UK election process. I hadn't got a clue so I've just Googled it and this is what I found:

In a UK parliamentary general election, registered voters in every area of the country vote for an MP to represent them in the House of Commons. There are 650 geographical areas - these are called constituencies.

You can vote in a UK parliamentary general election if you’re registered to vote and:

aged 18 or over on polling day
a UK citizen,
Commonwealth citizen
Or a citizen of the Irish Republic


So Helen and Stan us Irish are welcome voters in Great Britain.

Any of my Irish mates reading this vote Conservative you know it makes sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment