Powered By Blogger

Monday 14 October 2013

What a lovely email I’ve just received from Joan Hunt OBE President and Founder of Cudeca the cancer care hospice wishing me well after my recent surgery and congratulating me on receiving the Bronze Medal award from the Red Cross. She said: ‘This is well deserved as we know you put your heart and soul into your charity work’. Joan pointed out re my fundraising for Cudeca: ‘your great support to Cudeca Cancer Care Hospice over the years, starting from your Raise the Roof campaign in 1999 to 2009 which raised more than 800,000 euros, This is an achievement which no one can deny and for which we shall always be eternally grateful. We can understand your frustration at not being on air, and we all send our best wishes that you will soon be well enough to return to your radio.
Over the last 2 months I have received many offers to support various charity events both hosting and auctioneering etc but until I'm fully recovered I’ve had to decline. I’m feeling so much better now and look forward to going back to my love and support of various charities.

No comments:

Post a Comment