Powered By Blogger

Sunday 19 January 2014

IMPORTANT. You might have noticed that the style and format of my blog posts have changed since last week. That is because I sought advice from a well known UK journalist and blogger re my blog site. I asked him would he look at it and give advice on how I could improve it. After looking over my blog, he came back to me saying the most important piece of advice he could give me is BE ORIGINAL. He continued saying that my blog should be frequently updated, it is should be my online personal journal or diary. It is a place to express myself to the world. A place to share my thoughts and my passions. Really, it’s anything you want it to be. What it should NEVER be is simply a place to copy and pace stories and reports stolen from newspapers. Remember now days everyone has accesses to those stories on line so what’s the point in just repeating them to fill up your blog? Better post nothing than copy and paste.
Following his advice that is exactly what I have been doing over the past week and will continue to do so. I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I admit at first I thought it was important to post something daily rather than nothing at all, so I just took stories from the newspapers and copied and pasted them. I now realise that was ridicules as these stories are out in the public domain for everyone to read so what was the point in repeating them. I will now try to post only original reports as I have been advised to and hope you will enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Maurice. The reason a certain person copies and pastes newspaper articles that we've all read already is without them and with you what would this poor idiot post? I'm the other Gary not Maurice's brother.

    ReplyDelete