Powered By Blogger

Sunday 21 September 2014

MARY HARBOE TO JOIN ME ON STAGE ON THE 16TH NOVEMBER IN AID OF CUDECA.




As most of you now know I'm returning on stage on the 16th November to host the Cudeca Gala at the stunning Villa Tiberio in Marbella. This afternoon I had a surprise call from my good friend Mary Harboe. After a catch up chat I asked her would she happen to be in town on the 16th she said it so happens she would be so I invited her to co host the Gala with me and I'm delighted to say she agreed.

Mary reigned supreme as queen of the airways both on Radio Onda Cero and on REM FM before she moved back to UK. She was quite simply the professionals professional.

It was during the first year that I had launched REM FM the we awoke on boxing day 2004 to news of the Tsunami and the devastating damage it did to Sri Lanka killing over 30,000. I immediately called my staff in from their Christmas holidays to start broadcasting appeals for clothing, blankets, water and food. Such was the amazing response that we ended sending two shipping containers out to Sri Lanka and raised funds to start rebuilding the school working closely with the wonderful Joy Butler Markham. This photo is Mary Harboe among some of the children in Sri Lanka

Thank you for your encouraging messages both on Facebook and emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment