Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Highs and Lows of 2013
.

For me personally among the highs has to be the presentation of the Bronze Medal by the Spanish Red Cross (Cruz Roja) in recognition for my charity fundraising over the years (see Photo). Talking about charity I enjoyed getting back on stage last August in Aid of Fight Against Hunger and Children of Peace with ex Miss World Rosanna Davidson at a glittering Gala held at the 5 star Melia Don Pepie Hotel (see photo)
. But it’s my radio work that gave me the most satisfaction during 2013. It’s always a privilege to be able to have on call such luminaries in the broadcasting industry as guests, including Peter Hitchens Toby Young, Jon Gaunt, Fredrick Forsyth, Ruth Dudley Edwards, Lord Jeffery Archer etc. . But when I started to look through my studio notes, an average of 80 interviews per month, and try to decide which ones deserved to be highlighted the list was just to numerous so it is suffice to say a big thank you to each and every one of my guests for giving me such amazing interviews during 2013.
The Lowes has to include putting iTalk on hold. It was a decision I took re radio licensing and to make sure when iTalkfm returns that this issue is solved. Also on my list of lows has to include my visit to hospital for a minor surgery during the later part of the year. Thankfully it was successful and feeling great. Its always sad to lose a friend and in my case it was the death of Mark Rich (see Photo)
This next low will probably make a high for those who recognise themselves here, I’m talking about the cowards that hide behind names who think they are clever by using the press and social networks that allow them to bully. Thankfully no one has taken any notice of them and they rarely achieve anything. . These cowards are a bunch of morons who rather than achieve anything in their own lives try to bring those down who try. A sad bunch of losers.
I look forward to 2014 and hope that the year brings health, happiness and prosperity to you all. A big thank you for your amazing support during 2013. xx

29 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Maurice, you are a special wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic 2014 you deserve it. Keep up your charity work, no one can achieve what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and Wendy a happy, healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon and Jack (Mount Merrion)31 December 2013 at 21:43

    Happy New Year to Maurice and your family. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy and Healthy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a great New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good read. Happy New Year and please ignore the no names they are losers you are a winner. Go for it in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year from the Mijas set, have a great one and get your ass back on radio-

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always loved your chats with Michael Winner RIP. Happy New Year. I agree with you Sally, Get back on the radio Maurice we all miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year matey. Your a great radio host and charity worker. Get yourself back were you belong in 2014. Good luck, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 2014. Regards to you and your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year. Knock em dead for 2014

    ReplyDelete
  13. From us all here Mo a happy and successful New Year. Wish you were here the party is in full swing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm here with Sean (he's pissed!) The Boland Fan Club Dublin branch sending you good wishes for 2014. See you again in July.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Maurice. I know you will have a tremendous 2014. I know we have only met a few times but I hope we can meet up this year. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck for 2014. (Manchester fans)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry for the delay in approving your posts, I hope I haven't missed any. Thank you all so much for your messages here, on my Facebook, emails and texts. A very Happy New year to each and everyone of you. May 2014 bring you peace, happiness, good health and prosperity.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Peter and Jill (Marbella)1 January 2014 at 01:08

    Happy New Year. 2014 is here so get yourself back on radio and all the good you bring to the Costa.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie and Mike (Manchester)1 January 2014 at 01:13

    Happy New Year. I hear you've been off radio , get back we are back in Feb and that's an order! Have a brilliant year. Lots of love from us both

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year to you and Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for everything. Love from us all. Have a great year. Lets try to meet up it's been a long time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck to you and the lovely Wendy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year. Have a great one. Lots of love from the tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my aching head! It looks like poor old Tommy spent News Years Eve alone speaking to himself and an imaginary figure called, wait for it, Gary!! I beginning to feel sorry for the poor old sod. He must now realise that his statements about your popularity are idiotic at the least. I counted 100's on your Facebook adding that to your blog and I'm sure you got as many emails. So this man who claims he's on some sort of crusade (bit confused as to what he is crusading for, what ever it is hasn't had any response) perhaps now can come down to earth.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gary, thank you for all your support throughout the year and yes lets meet up shortly. Re this Tommy, why read his blog? It seems to get you unnecessarily upset and surely he's not worth it. Do what I do ignore him and If he spends his days writing about me I take that as a compliment. Have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really don't understand your request? Are you saying that this idiot should be allowed to continue to lie about you? Only the other day he made reference that you managed Mandy when she was 14 well if he had worked it out she as 17, the age of most young pop stars when you signed her. This is hugely liable. I have and will continue to keep copies of his lies so when and if you want to call a halt to this looser I have enough evidence to put him away. Up to you Maurice?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry Maurice, this has to be brought to this idiot Tommy's attention . I have already reported to Blogger. Does this Tommy do NO research are just post anything he can find that's anti-Semitic? This just might cost him his blog at last:
    Eric Hufschmid.net is an anti-Semitic website run by blatant anti-Semite Eric Hufschmid.
    The website features several categories that almost exclusively charge Jews with being behind elaborate conspiracy theories. In the 9/11 category for instance, Hufschmid baselessly charges Israel with masterminding the attacks on the Twin Towers. The reason this hasn’t been reported in the mainstream media, Hufschmid writes, is because a “Zionist network” controls the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I should have added this: Other sections of Eric Hufschmid's site include the denial of the Holocaust, collect anti-Semitic cartoons, charge Jews as outsiders, and attack Zionism. What a disgusting little man you are Tommy. Surely even you know that supporting Holocaust denial is a crime!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Message to Tommy: So this article is in The Jewish Quarterly and The Jewish Review? Well well am I surprised that I find no record of it. The only place I can find it is on the scums website. So I'm a coward? You know who I am, you know my name no cowardly hiding behind a name for me but you, now your a whole different ball game. Your a self admitted drunk and a Junkie who's real name is not Tommy but Andrew Pink (or perhaps you've been lying for so long that you have forgotten who you are!!) Begging me to come on your blog you must be joking. So now's the time to prove that you don't lie ALL of the time where in both these magazines did this disgusting article appear?

    ReplyDelete