Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 18 December 2013

MY ALL TIME ROCK AND ROLL HERO, MR KEITH RICHARDS. A TRUE GENTLEMAN, ALWAYS HAS TIME FOR A COFFEE AND A CHAT.


There are some great stories about Keif told to me by Mandy Smith. The Stones were in Barbados at Eddy Grants studio hanging on the wall was an extremely valuable painting of Beethoven. When Keif spotted it he borrowed someone’s lipstick and wrote over the masterpiece ' Roll Over You Motha Fucka'
After a lifetime of legendary debauchery, you might not think Keith could remember much. The truth is he remembers everything, just not always in the right order. He once claimed on an American TV show; 'I snorted my dad by mixing his ashes with cocaine'
Not sure if he was been honest or just, as his way, having fun with the interviewer?
He tells the funny tale about a house he accidentally burned down in LA in 1978, escaping naked with a woman, not his (then) partner, Anita Pallenberg. . Keith recalled, “everything had burned down, except for one wooden stump of a pillar, and in the bedroom this little portion of a chest of drawers, which had my passport, all my
favourite tapes, jewellery, a shooter with five hundred rounds of ammunition. All untouched. And a friend of mine went back the next day when everything else was still too hot to touch, smouldering, and came back with my stuff. So what am I supposed to gather from my life? That I’m blessed? Should I count on it?”
In 1989, he was hailed as a “living legend” at an awards ceremony. “That’s all right,” Richards responded “but immortal is even better.” At times he really has seemed unstoppable. With his lifestyle, few would have bet on him making it to 67. Anita Pallenberg once said she thought he would die onstage. “If I had my way, I probably would,” he told me. “I can think of worse places to croak.


Keith Richards' best one-liners
'I never knew the chick.’ - on hearing of Princess Diana’s death.
'Put the f---ers in a pan and let them rock’ - his recipe for bangers and mash.
'Her Majesty. Brenda.’ - his nicknames for Jagger.
'I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police.’
'Passing the vodka bottle. And playing the guitar.’ - on keeping fit.
'I don’t think John [Lennon] ever left my house, except horizontally.’
'Marianne [Faithfull] had no fun with Mick’s tiny todger. I know he’s got an enormous pair of balls - but it doesn’t quite fill the gap.’
'I’ve given up everything now - which is a trip in itself’ - on coming off hard drugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment