Monday, 17 February 2014

SEAN CONNERY GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY THAT IS THE QUESTION?

The Goldfinger case has now hit the British Press, a case that is named after the James Bond movie and it’s star who is now a star witness in this high profile case in Spain is actor Sean Connery a onetime long term resident in Marbella. I didn’t know Connery on a personal level although I had met him on a couple of occasions and had been in his home Casa Malibu to see his wife’s Michelin’s paintings, she is an exceptional artist.
Sean Connery sold Casa Malibu for a reported for an undisclosed amount, I would guess in the lower to mid millions. Shortly after the house was demolished and More than 70 flats, later sold for an estimated £45million, were built in its place despite planning regulations stipulating only five flats could be built there. Connery has been alleged to have failed to pay tax on the deal.
More than 20 people, including corrupt former town hall officials and Connery’s lawyers, were called to give evidence in private court hearings designed to determine if charges should be laid.(photo of Connery by his pool in Marbella)
Sir Sean and his wife, implicated in the probe in May 2010 following a police raid on the offices of his Spanish-based lawyers, cited health reasons for failing to attend an October 2010 summons for questioning.

Connery is denying all implications in the case and has so far not returned from his home in the Bahamas to face any charges. The affidavit - in which Sir Sean denied all the claims made against him - is now in the hands of an investigating magistrate in Marbella who is probing the 1999 sale of Sir Sean’s home in the resort and its subsequent demolition to make way for a luxury apartment block built in breach of planning regulations.
The investigating magistrate in charge of the pre-trial probe is set to decide Sir Sean’s fate after studying the 56-page affidavit, ordered more than three years ago.

Connery seemingly react furiously to its leaking in Costa del Sol-based Spanish-language daily ‘SUR’.
The respected paper printed the front page of his affidavit which included his address in the Bahamas.
SUR reported Sir Sean was asked in documents if he had any relationship with corrupt former Marbella mayors Jesus Gil and Julian Munoz and jailed former town hall planning chief Juan Antonio Roca.
He is said to have denied any relationship with the trio and said of Gil, a populist right-winger whose corruption turned Marbella into a haven for gangsters: ’I believe I saw him in a public engagement and don’t consider that can be defined as me knowing him.’ He also denied involvement in two firms linked to an alleged multi-million pound fraud relating to the property deal involving Sir Sean’s former home around the time it was completed, SUR reported.

Sir Sean has already threatened reprisals over leaks linking him to the criminal investigation.

The only link I have with this case, in a very roundabout way, is the lawyers that acted for Sir Sean also acted for James Hunt when I took over his club Oscars in Marbella.

No comments:

Post a Comment