Saturday, 5 September 2015
A few years ago I received an email from the friends of Palestine Ireland inviting me to speak at a Boycott Israel rally. The email said they would like me to be a guest speaker at both rally's in Dublin and Cork. They wanted me to give my views and why I believe their shouldn't be a boycott.
I replied immediately saying I would be delighted to come but on one condition, that is the rally and boycott will be held with true conviction and their call for a boycott against Israeli goods etc is not just and empty statement asking their members to boycott Israeli oranges and shampoos etc. I had an immediate reply saying that my condition will be absolutely met, that the boycott against Israel is a true boycott and they are passionate in their beliefs that ALL Israeli goods etc should be boycotted.
So I agreed to come, but before I came they would need to assure me that they would ask at the rally's to 1. remove all Intel Pentium and Celeron computer processor chips from personal computers (desktops, laptops and notebooks) as these were either developed or manufactured in Israel.
2. Any computers that still work need to have their anti-virus software and personal firewalls removed as this technology originated in Israel. The organisation’s firewall will also need to be switched off. Staff should no longer open external emails as most of these will be infected with viruses. No outgoing emails can be sent.
3. Discard all mobile phones, as this technology was developed in Israel, where the first mobile phones were manufactured. Mobile chip technology from a single Israeli company has now been installed in over 100 million devices.
4. Turn off your voice-mail service and delete any recorded messages. Israeli companies invented the voice-mail system.
5. At home, do not use Facebook as many in-built and add-on applications are Israeli-developed. Do not watch videos on the Internet as the platform used to upload them may be from AOL and hence from an Israeli company. Do not use the Internet to search for answers to your questions as this may involve use of an Israeli-developed search engine. Better to remain unenlightened.
6. Cancer – do not take any form of medication or treatment. Israeli scientists have been working at the forefront of oncology for decades.
AIDS and HIV – beware; researchers at Israel’s Weizmann Institute or Hebrew University developed or improved AZT and Hypericin-based drugs; they have also developed a treatment that destroys HIV-infected cells without damaging healthy ones.
Diabetes – do not measure or inject Insulin using the devices developed by Israeli scientists.
Multiple Sclerosis – stop taking Copaxone, one of the most efficient medicines and the only non-interferon agent, as Teva developed it. Don’t touch Laquinimod either.
The list went on.
I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN!!!
So I ask all those anti Israel bloggers etc: 'Are you willing to really boycott Israel. Are you Lora A. Lucero willing to give up your blog of hatred against Israel using Israeli technology? Will you George Galloway throw away your computer? No I thought not. Will you bloggers who have never even visited Israel be willing to support your 'true beliefs' and really boycott Israel? Well. will you?
So lets now expose you lot......You say you want to boycott Israel quoting human rights etc. So lets start there..
The issue of human rights is very alluring. It appeals to our conscience and sense of altruism, but what happens when organizations and individuals who claim to be concerned with the cause of human rights discriminate against the rights of others?
Okay, the jig is up. You all know who I am talking about. BDS – the so called Boycott Divestment and Sanction movement. Only it should be renamed “we only care about boycotting Israel and accusing them of heinous crimes like Apartheid, and screw those other folks like the Yazidis, Christians, and Syrians who could really use our help.” But then again, that would make for a rather long and confusing acronym.
It seems like those aforementioned peoples, who are in dire need of a voice, are not the subjects of marches, rallies – and t-shirts!
These same self-righteous people are silent on Syria, the persecution of Christians in the Middle East, the flagrant abuse of Yazidis, and the rape, mutilation, and torture of women by ISIS. Not a peep out of the mouths of this bunch. No marches, no demonstrations, and no boycotts. Do I read anything on your blogs, Facebooks etc. Nope! This honor is reserved only for Israel and Jewish communities around the world.
At a time when Jews have been shot while touring museums and doing their Shabbat shopping, there is nothing remotely dismissive or funny about singing songs like shoot the Jew. Why is it that every time BDS want to make a point of something or protest some terrible abuses, their activities invariably result in anti-Semitism?
BDS is quite frankly anti-peace. Bullyboy tactics and double standards are contra to any peace loving individual who wants to see a just and negotiated settlement reached in the Middle East. Discourse is the only way, and boycotts and inflammatory speech destroy that.
I appeal to any peace loving, sane person to not believe the bulls*** spouted by these hate mongers. Don’t let them polarize your community or import conflicts into your country; rather give a voice to those who have no advocates speaking or marching on their behalf. Nobody will be offended by any t-shirt displaying a peace sign.
Ive said this before and I'll say this again. There are 1.6 million Arabs living and working in Israel, by boycotting Israeli goods you will see manufacturing' plants possibly closing down putting many of the Palestinians you 'claim' to support out of work!!