Powered By Blogger

Friday 5 December 2014

Why I don’t agree with breast feeding in public without at least covering up!

I know this might just cause a little controversy but I say as I believe! I think there is nothing more embarrassing than a woman whipping out her naked breast in a restaurant and sticking a baby at the end of it to suckle to its little hearts continent. This debate was rekindled when UKIP’s Nigel Farage said on LBC this afternoon: “Given that some people are very, very embarrassed by it, it isn't too difficult to breastfeed a baby in a way that's not openly ostentatious” Not sure ‘ostentatious’ is the correct word perhaps ‘Visible’ might have worked better?
On the other hand I feel that woman should be allowed to feed their little uns when necessary but at least my dears cover the naked breast and baby head so that the surrounding dinners don’t feel uncomfortable.

i.e Figure 1 wrong


Figure 2 correct

Here’s what some mums said today: “I totally support breastfeeding, but what’s so hard about covering up to breastfeed in public?

I don’t mind if moms breastfeed in public, as long as they do it modestly. Especially if there are kids or teens around.

Breastfeeding is totally natural, but so is going to the bathroom / having sex, and people don’t do that in public.

This isn’t a village in Africa. It’s culturally inappropriate to bare your breasts in public here.

Make your own mind up.

No comments:

Post a Comment