Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 April 2015

CYNTHIA LENNON DEAD:

The photos above were taken when Cynthia appeared in my first ever TV Show in the 90's and we have remained friends ever since. She also was a guest many times on my radio shows throughout the years. We kept in regular touch by phone .

I am totally shocked. I just received the news that my friend Cynthia Lennon, the late John Lennon's wife , has died at age she was 75. She died of cancer. I last spoke to Cynthia by phone at her home in Majorca to wish her Happy 75th Birthday. Not once did she mention being ill, just complained about getting old.
She was truly a lovely person and never once has she ever been caught up in any controversy or selling herself out for a shilling. She was simply a true, honest woman. My thoughts go out Julian Lennon her only child with John who I believe was with her at the time of her death. Cynthia and Julian were very close and spoke almost every day. I will phone Julian this evening to give him my condolences. May you RIP Cynthia.




Here's the statement:

"Cynthia Lennon passed away today at her home in Mallorca, Spain following a short but brave battle with cancer. Her son Julian Lennon was at her bedside throughout. The family are thankful for your prayers. Please respect their privacy at this difficult time."

Gone But Not Forgotten: Music Luminaries We Lost

Cynthia met John when she was 18. They married in 1962 when he was on the cusp of fame with the Beatles after she became pregnant with their only child, Julian Lennon, who was born in 1963. Their marriage was notoriously rocky, with Cynthia claiming her former husband struck her on one occasion.

"He was a very jealous young man at the time, and he had a lot of pain inside," she said in later years. "He wanted to trust me and he thought by seeing me dancing with a friend of his that I was being disloyal or messing around. So he smacked me, but that was the only time."

John divorced Cynthia in 1968 and married Yoko Ono in 1969, who he remained with until he was shot and killed in 1980. Cynthia wrote two books about their life together: A Twist of Lennon in 1980 and John in 2005.

Following her death, Julian Lennon posted the following musical tribute to his late mother.



No comments:

Post a Comment