Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 May 2016



Congratulations to Sadiq Khan on his successful (thankfully) campaign to become mayor of London. Sadiq a true friend of the Jewish communities of London turned out to celebrate the wonderful festival of Hanukkah with his many Jewish friends .; See video above.

In fact so close to the Jews of London he said “The only thing I haven’t done yet is have my bar mitzvah,” he joked

On a more serious note he said: "I readily acknowledges that Labour has lost part of its Jewish support in recent years: You know what breaks my heart? That there are Londoners who think the Labour Party isn’t for them because they’re Jewish – that can’t be right, man, that can’t be right."

Mr Khan said he wanted to “send a message around the world” by being a Muslim mayor “who does more to protect Jewish Londoners from antisemitism than any mayor ever has before”.
On his opposition to boycotts, he said: “The evidence clearly shows that boycott, sanctions and divestment against Israel do not help us achieve peace – we must not turn our face against Israel.
As the boycotts of Sodastream International showed, boycotts only hurt working people and do nothing to build a lasting peace in the region"


FOOT NOTE: Why am I not surprised that the anti Israel lot believe I'm upset that Zak Goldsmith lost his campaign to become mayor of London. They believed that I would have backed him because he was Jewish. WRONG! Zac Goldsmith is NOT Jewish , his mother Lady Annabel was in fact catholic. Therefore making it impossible for him to be Jewish. He was never brought up a Jew and attended a christian education. Let me also add even if he was Jewish I would never have supported him I thought his campaign was a disgrace and full of inaccuracies and lies against Sadiq Khan.
Chief Rabbi of Great Britain the Rev Rabbi Mirvis and London Mayor Sadiq Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment