Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Stronger | Cancer music video

Feeling down why not read this story: Many of you might remember my interview with one of the bravest women I had ever had the honour of having as a guest on my show. Megan Kowalewski who at just 23 years old discovered a lump on the side of her neck that turned out to be Hodgkins Lymphoma. This young lady has been an inspiration to me this week. No, I don’t have cancer – but like many of you probably do, I know people who are fighting it. Last week Megan had Breast surgery it was a lumpectomy, not a mastectomy. After surgery Megan posted this on her Facebook: Recovering from surgery. This was the 2nd time they had to double the dosage of anaesthesia to knock me out. Then while I was sleeping, I must've been flinching or moving during the procedure, so they added more drugs. But then I stopped breathing on my own. So they had to stick a breathing tube through my nose and down my throat. I'm in more pain from that darn thing than the actual surgery that was done to my breast. I'm still very sore though. I'll find out the biopsy results a week from today. That day is today and Megan posted this on her Facebook: I'm supposed to see my surgeon on Thursday for the results of my biopsy. If I get a phone call before then, it's usually something serious or bad news. I just about had a heart attack when he called me today to say that he has the biopsy results and wanted to tell them to me over the phone. But he wanted to call because of the GOOD news that it's a BENIGN fibroadenoma with no signs of any cancerous cells! This video Megan made on one of her previous visits to hospital

I’m inspired by Megan because of the grace and strength with which she is fighting for her life, and because she’s not allowing the cancer to define who she is. She’s had her ups and downs throughout her journey. In fact, she was declared cancer free in April of 2012 only to be told that the cancer had come back in May of 2012. Although I’m sure there were moments of sadness, anger, and fear, she did not allow her second diagnosis to defeat her. Instead, she got back into the wrestling ring and kept on fighting, and fighting, and fighting, and to this day she continues to fight.
I encourage you to visit Megan’s Cancer Journey Facebook Page and her YouTube channel. She has documented every step of her journey through photos and videos. It takes determination to fight a disease like cancer so bravely and Megan has that hands-down. Be prepared to spend some time there, because, if you are anything like me, you will be captivated by her courage and positive attitude.
I’ll admit that I cried watching this video … not because it’s sad, but because it’s so inspiring and moving. Her transparency in sharing her story with the world is something to be admired.
If I have learned just one thing from Megan, it’s to never give up and never lose hope, even when the situation I’m in looks too difficult to face and nearly impossible to handle. I have faith and I know that God is with me in times of difficulty and that nothing is impossible for Him, but, as easy as that is for me to say, it’s so much harder to live out. Sometimes I need to be reminded of that Truth, and for me, God used Megan to remind me of that this week. Thanks God … and thanks, Megan!
HAVE A LOOK AT THIS, ITS THE MAKING OF THE VIDEO AND SHOWS JUST HOW BRAVE MEGAN IS AND HOW SHE RAISES THE SPIRITS OF ALL AROUND HER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUi5-eSinoY

1 comment:

  1. NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS. MEGAN POSTED THIS, THIS MORNING: So much for the train of good news. I received an unexpected phone call today saying that my recent pap smear came back showing a high number of abnormal pre-cancerous cells. I go for a very painful biopsy of my cervix next week on Halloween. Which also ruins plans that I was looking forward to. I don't use this or say this often.. but FML (FML STANDS FOR F**K MY LIFE)

    ReplyDelete